Friday, October 29, 2010

Chad and Kace's First Wrestling Match of the Year

Chad and Kace started wrestling again. Their first tourney was last night and Jeff had a responsiblity with the SF Football team who were playing their first State playoff game down at ISU in the Dome. So that left me to help the boys wrestle. Scary! I know nothing about wrestling. Luckily, they have some good coaches and they both did great. I had told Chad if he got a pin that I would take him to the Straw Maze today. Looks like we're going to the Straw Maze tonight! He came out and pinned his first guy in Round 2! I was so proud of him! Here's a video of it. Chad is in the red. (And one of these days I'll remember that I have the camera in my hand and I'll quit being a screaming idiot mother!)

Chad excited about his Gold medal!

Kace looks so cute in his singlet! (Can't get Chad to wear one.) Kace loves putting it on and rubbing his tummy. He's such a fun kid! He has come a long way since last year. He didn't even get pinned last night! He beat his first kid 10-3 and lost his second match to a really good wrestler. But he put up a good fight and never quit! Here's one round of the match he won. Watch near the middle when he gets on top of the kid's back and his little legs just go a kickin'! He also shoots a smile at the camera a couple times. Kace is wearing the red singlet. So cute! He got a second place medal that he hasn't taken off yet. I'm pretty sure that's going to school this morning for show and tell.

Kace sporting his silver medal.

2 comments:

Brooke Bailey said...

Those are awesome videos. The one of Kace is the most fun wrestling match I've ever seen. Those will be priceless when those boys are in High School winning state championships. Good work Hali.

LaRose Crew said...

good job chad and kace. I like to wrestle too!! Maybe when I come to visit you again I could teach you some new moves on top, bottom, and neutral position! See ya then!


From McKayd LaRose